Playing the “what’s for dinner?” game is a nightly occurrence here in our home. Lately, it’s been a game that’s been harder and harder to win. Being a busy mom of picky eaters (including the hubsterdude and myself), the struggle can be real sometimes.
It seemed as if we were eating the same meals over and over again. What used to be family favorite meals that we enjoyed eating frequently, had instead become boring. Nothing seemed appetizing anymore, and I grew tired of the constant dinner-time struggle.
I decided it was time to refresh my “family favorite recipes” binder that I keep handy in the kitchen for meal planning.
Since we’re always busy or on the go, I knew I needed to find recipes that would be easy to prepare. I also knew I needed to find recipes that our family of picky eaters would actually eat.
16 Easy Recipes for Busy Moms with Picky Eaters
I set out on a hunt for kid-friendly recipes that I could prepare as a busy mom and that I knew my kids would actually eat. At the very least, I knew they’d be brave enough to at least give them a try.
Check out these 16 easy recipes that will make dinner time for busy moms with picky eaters much easier!
1. Basil Chicken Pasta Sauce (With Spinach they Won’t Notice) by Kidgredients
Since my children refuse to eat anything that starts with an “s” and ends with “pinach”, hiding it is my only option. Plus, it’s pasta – something you really can’t go wrong with.
2. Pizza Casserole Recipe by Beauty Through Imperfection
One word. Pizza. That’s enough for me.
Animals are an obsession around here with my girls. If only I could find broccoli shaped like a puppy dog…
4. Corn Flake Crusted Chicken by My Joy Filled Life
We like corn flakes. We also like chicken. How could this possibly go wrong?
5. “Toddler Food” and a Craftsy Recipe Contest by Our Daily Craft
This one is a winner since kids pretty much refuse to eat without playing with their food. Now, they can play without getting nagged at by mom!
6. Real Food Meatballs by Little Sprouts Learning
Seriously though, who doesn’t love meatballs?!
7. Crispy Parmesan Zucchini Fries (Low-Carb, Gluten-Free) by Wholesome Yum
Hmm, could this be another brilliant way to hide the veggies?
8. Not Your Mum’s Slow Cooker Apricot Chicken by Kidgredients
You had me at slow cooker.
9. Easy Cheesy Tortellini Bake by Slap Dash Mom
I’ll eat anything smothered in cheese. Bring it on!
10. 3-Ingredient Paleo Crackers (Low-Carb, Gluten-Free) by Wholesome Yum
The hubsterdude lives on crackers. He needs this in his life.
11. Sausage, Cheddar, and Potato Empanadas-Real Food, Kid Friendly Freezer Meals by Little Sprouts Learning
Since I basically have time to cook maybe one day a month (kidding! sort of..) meal prepping with freezer meals like this is right up my alley.
12. Cheesy Goldfish Crusted Garlic Chicken by Beauty Through Imperfection
My kids will never turn down a chance to eat Goldfish crackers.
13. Homemade Ham and Cheese Hot Pockets by Little Sprouts Learning
Good ‘ol classic Hot Pockets! We’re big fans here.
14. 2-Minute Low Carb English Muffin (Paleo, Gluten-Free) by Wholesome Yum
Perfect for those hurry-and-fly-out-the-door mornings. Toast, grab, and run!
15. One Pot Taco Pasta by ezeBreezy
I think Moe eats tacos so much that it’s possible she’ll turn into one. This will definitely be a winner in our home!
16. Butternut Squash Macaroni and Cheese by Slap Dash Mom
This is the only one I’m unsure of – but definitely, can’t wait to give it a try. My kids are obsessed with their Mac n Cheese, so I’m not sure if I’ll be able to sneak this one by them. However.. challenge accepted.
Do you have a favorite picky-eater, family-friendly recipe that is great for busy moms? If so, please share them with us in the comments below.
Latest posts by Jenn Roberts (see all)
- The Homeschool Nook Link Up Party #68 - March 27, 2017
- Family Friday Link-Up Party #18 - March 24, 2017
- How to Study Native Americans for Homeschool History - March 24, 2017