This week was crazy stressful for me. I think my brain is fried from trying to do too many things at once. I cried at least once, didn’t sleep much, and was totally off my schedule. See how scheduling really works for me? Due to my pure exhaustion, Friday Funday this week is extremely low key. We’re still learning and having fun, but in a more relaxing way. I even skipped a field trip today! Yep – THAT tired! It’s okay though, sometime’s it just happens, right?
So what did we do today in our homeschool for Friday Funday? Mostly, there was a whole lot of this:
No! I’m not just letting my kids play for hours on the iPad. I’m letting my kids LEARN on the iPad. Yep, I have this thing loaded with educational apps and today I let them pick whichever ones they wanted to play, as long as they did it for an hour each.
We also did a lot of art projects. My kids love to get those books from the library that teach you how to draw things. This week they chose a Pokemon book and followed the directions step by step to learn how to draw some of their favorite characters.
Then we worked on this weeks art lesson which combined two previous lessons: different types of lines, and positive/negative spaces. When the lesson was over, we just had fun painting while using cardboard boxes as canvases (because recycling is cool)! Sorry, I forgot to take pictures during this part. Oops!
The girls love to help their sister and play “teacher” so we pulled out a couple of educational games that we love to play. Here’s a picture of my older girls helping my youngest practice her ABC’s:
And of course, we went outside and got some exercise and playtime in too:
Week 6 Review:
- Worked on mastering addition problems (she’s almost got them all!), estimation, and a unit review.
- This weeks spelling words (plural words)
- Learned how to write cursive lowercase letters c, d, and g and how to link them together
- addition mastery, order property, using a graph, and double digit addition in math
- This week’s spelling words (people words)
- Handwriting skills focusing on consistent letter height and spacing (things she’s been struggling in lately)
- Rhyming Words
- Counting and writing numbers 1-10
- How to write the letters (LETTERS HERE)
- Letter sounds review
- Practiced Typing (Review and learned “c” and “;” keys) (older girls)
- Learned about State of Delaware
- Read about how people lived in the Colonial times (their manners, education, and health practices)
- The Law of Energy Conversion
- Began a new writing Curriculum (Essentials in Writing) reviewing why we write and simple sentences structures (what makes a sentence complete) (older girls).
- Read some more of “Beauty and the Beast”
- Reviewed the alphabet and numbers 1-20 in Spanish
- Learned and practiced how to sign the alphabet in ASL
- Learned how to Properly fold an American Flag and what the stars and stipes stand for at their American Heritage Girls meeting (older girls)
Do you have Friday Funday in your homeschool? Tell us all about some of the fun activities you did this week! It may help spark some ideas for other moms! Happy Weekend everyone!
Latest posts by Jenn Roberts (see all)
- Peek into my Journal Volume 1 Part 1 with FREE Printable Journal Cards - September 20, 2017
- The Homeschool Nook Link Up Party #93 - September 18, 2017
- How to Make Fun Book Reports with a Video Presentation: mysimpleshow Review - September 11, 2017