I am one of those people who has more than one passion in this world, and by that, I mean I have a lot of them. I just like to learn as much about everything as I possibly can. That being said, it’s really hard for me to explain to the full extent of what I can or can’t do unless you kind of know my story, but unfortunately that’s a really long story to tell. Instead I’ll try to give you a small sampling
I got my first computer in 1997, when I was in 7th grade, and immediately I was hooked. I was obsessed with boy bands back then (go 90s!) and decided to teach myself how to make my own fan page for my then-favorite group (Backstreet’s Back .. Alright!). Thus began my love affair with web design. I self-taught as much as I could about web design for the next 6 or so years, maintaining my own website the whole time. After taking some time away to pursue other passions (see photography below) I did eventually find my way back to it when I started running my own website for my photography business and now this blog. I began using self hosted wordpress in 2008 and have been using it since.
In 2003 I enrolled in photo I at my local community college, and never looked back. It immediately became my passion and it was all I could think about. From 2003 until 2011 I have taken the following classes:
- Photo I
- Photo II
- Color Photography
- Digital Photography
- History of Photography
- Artificial Light Photography
I ran my own photography business working as a freelance photographer from 2008-2013, only stopping because I grew tired of doing portrait photography, and because being a homeschooling mom to three young girls was too time consuming. I also have worked for two separate well known portrait studios during that time, but quit because I prefer to be my own boss, and I don’t like when others try to limit my creativity.
I worked for my colleges newspaper from 2009-2010 playing the role of both online editor and photography editor at the same time. I also did some freelance photography work for a couple other small St. Louis based periodicals during this time as well.
From 2005-2006 I took online classes at the Art Institute Online where I studied the Adobe software, typography, marker rendering, figure drawing, and more. I have used this knowledge plus self-taught knowledge of these programs since then, and still use some of them daily
Other Strengths and Business Ventures
- I opened up an etsy shop called Funky Jean Designs making and selling stamped metal jewelry designs in 2011 and I still operate this business to this day. I recently started adding planner related printable’s to that shop as well.
- Because of my love of all things technology, I’m fairly familiar with all social media platforms and how they operate (with the exception of google plus, which is something I plan to conquer in the future).
- I can type very fast (I just took a test to see how fast, and I scored 88 wpm with only 4 misspelled words).
- I have worked in many different administrative assistant positions ranging from call centers to doctors offices.
- I’m familiar with office type computer programs (such as word and excel) and can navigate them fairly easily.
Want to hire me?
As you can see, I am a woman of many talents, and I enjoy doing this kind of work very much. If there is something I do not know, I can figure it out. I’m very self-disciplined and know how to self teach whenever I need to. I am currently starting my own virtual assistant business so I can put all of these talents to work in one place.
If you are interested in having me work for you, please fill out the form below or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can discuss what you are looking for and what my current rates are. I’m pretty flexible at this time so I’m sure we can work out some sort of arrangement.