What is Periscope?
Periscope is a new social media platform that allows you to do live broadcasts whenever you want, wherever you are, all while your viewers interact in real time through a chat feature.
Why should I care about Periscope?
Only because there are so many amazing homeschool moms who go live every single day to give you a glimpse into their lives sharing tips, inspiration, or just letting you know that – hey – it’s okay – their life looks like a hot mess today too!
Okay Okay, I’ll check it out. What do I do?
Go to periscope.tv and download the app (or search for periscope in the app store. Easy peasy! Make sure you have a Twitter account before you create your Periscope account. This will make life a million times easier if you ever want to do your own scopes someday. More on that later…
Okay, it’s Installed and ready to go, now what?
Well, first and foremost you should FOLLOW ME! My handle is @chaoticblisshs. Then lets set up your profile. Get rid of that egg picture and show us that beautiful face of yours! Also, make sure you tell us a little bit about yourself, and if you’re a blogger – add your full URL! Check out what my profile looks like below to get an idea:
Now you’re ready to watch some scopes!
Every time I go live (or anyone else you’re following for that matter) your phone will alert you (if you have your alerts on). My phone gives me a little whistle, like a “Yoo hoo!” sound. I love it! When you hear that, just click on it and start watching!
Here is a list of things to consider when watching someone else’s scope:
- Interact! Post comments and questions, and chat with other viewers. There is nothing worse for a person scoping than a dead chat area. Being active in the chat let’s the ‘scoper and other spectators know you are engaged and helps keep the conversation flowing!
- Give them hearts! While watching a scope you may notice hearts floating up from the bottom right hand side of the screen. You can give the person scoping hearts if you like what they are saying. This helps them know you are being entertained and it helps the ranking of the person scoping!
- Type in websites and handles for the person scoping. When you are live you are not able to type in anything to your viewers, but if you’re watching from a PC, the links in the comments become clickable! That being said, anytime the person who is live mentions a link, type it up for them for the other viewers! The person scoping will be so grateful!
Check out some of my past scopes:
Want to watch more? Visit my Katch page where I save all of my replays!
Latest posts by Jenn Roberts (see all)
- Celebrate the First Day of School with These FREE Printable Signs! - July 19, 2017
- Ultimate Homeschool Planner Printable for Your Happy Planner - July 17, 2017
- Homeschool Nook Link-Up Party #84 - July 17, 2017