How was everyone’s Thanksgiving? Are we all still in a turkey coma? Or maybe we’re all poor now from Black Friday and Small Business Saturday Shopping (Cyber Monday is still coming y’all.. don’t put that debit card away yet!). We’re officially into the heart of this year’s Holiday Season – which in my world means the ultimate chaotic bliss! There’s nothing better than the holidays, even though they seem to make us all a little crazy! Week 13 was a short one in our homeschool due to the holiday, but we were still able to squeeze in some learning.
This Week in Our Homeschool: Week 13
I had good intentions for this week. I really did! I checked out Thanksgiving themed books to read with the girls every day, and even scoped out a really cute turkey craft to make with them. Instead, life happened. I battled a migraine for a couple days, and then we ran errands like we were chickens with our heads cut off. It was pretty insane. I sat down with my new Happy Planner (im sure there will be a post about this in the future) and started to realize that the crazy wasn’t going to be ending anytime soon. I normally don’t put up our Christmas tree until the day after Thanksgiving, but I knew if we didn’t get it put up on the Sunday before – then there was a strong possibility we wouldn’t have a tree at all – because TIME. So, on Sunday we put up the tree!
I should also mention that I worked like a crazy person to plan the next 5 weeks of schoolwork so I wouldn’t have to think about it again until the holidays were over. You can read about how I plan my weeks here.
Of course, there was turkey, and a lot of stuffing.. and dare I say pie? I’m still feeling it guys! Unfortunately I wasn’t in the right frame of mind and didn’t take a single picture this day (I know.. worst photographer ever) so instead I just stole this one from my sisters facebook page (Sorry Seester!).
I spent a ton of time working on promoting sales for my etsy shop for Black Friday and Small Business Saturday (Don’t forget about Cyber Monday! Use coupon code “ChaoticBliss” to save 15% off your entire order!)
Things We Learned This Week:
- Began reading “A Christmas Carol” (condensed version) by Charles Dickens
- Finished learning our times tables (more on this Thursday – you DON’T want to miss this!)
- Three digit subtraction
- Learned how to identify and use pronouns
- Reviewed Science for upcoming Review Quiz
- Learned all about the state of Massachusetts
- Started a new section in our [totally awesome] Spanish Curriculum!
How was your holiday weekend? Did you score any good deals on Christmas gifts? Did you take the week off or did you still get some school work in? Comment below and share with us!
Latest posts by Jenn Roberts (see all)
- Peek into my Journal Volume 1 Part 1 with FREE Printable Journal Cards - September 20, 2017
- The Homeschool Nook Link Up Party #93 - September 18, 2017
- How to Make Fun Book Reports with a Video Presentation: mysimpleshow Review - September 11, 2017